My Top 5 countdown for what to do in Cork this Spectacular July weekend!
If you fancy doing nothing but sitting in your back garden enjoying the weather then absolutely enjoy it! This is the weather for it but if you fancy getting out and about below are a list of some suggestions. As always more events listed for the month of July on the events page or check out the PLAY page for some more thoughts on what to do. Suggestions always welcome. If you check out any of the above please let me know how you get on through the Facebook page or instagram @eatplaylovecork and hashtag
eatplaylovecork . This week is the 1 year anniversary of starting this site if you fancy reading The Beginning….. #
My Top 5 for the weekend in Cork!
- July 15th -16th – Cork City Spectacular – Free Festival in Fitgeralds Park I have never been to this festival but from their website it looks like a lot of fun. My sister was there last year and said it was very full so just be prepared for crowds! “Families will discover and delight in the spectacular as they explore Laya Healthcare’s Greatest Place on Earth. Children and their grown ups will play, dance and create together with free performances and activities with lots of laughs & family fun throughout the weekend!” It is on in Fitzgerald’s Park which I love. The playground there is huge with loads of different types of activities for different age groups. If you are there with more than 1 child on your own, beware it is difficult to stay with multiple if they run in different directions and the playgroud is not enclosed. If the park gets too jointed and you want to unwind, I think a walk around UCC is gorgeous and call into the Glucksman Gallery perhaps. Their cafe downstairs is very tasty. Don’t forget your Parking Disks!!
- July 14th – 16th Queen of the Sea Youghal Event is on Fireworks, family fun and more. Check out their Facebook Page. If you are in Youghal definitely try the new coffee Shop Priory Coffee on the main street past the ClockGate Tower. Coffee is delicious. Decor is gorgeous.
- July 15th – 23rd Cork Cycling Festival – For the avid cyclers out there, Check out their website for details of the cycles and join in! Cork Cycling Festival isn’t your average festival. Embrace the fun that can be had in and around cork with others, on your bicycle, roller blades, skateboards and unicycles are welcome. There are cycles for Beginners, Families, the Curious and Adventourous.
- July 15th – The Puffin Cafe, Long Strand, Clonakilty is hosting a Baby Rave. Sounds fun. Open to all ages… A place for the kids to take the parents to enjoy some Music, Lights, Snacks, Soft(ish) Play area and Coffee (for the old folks!).
- July 16th – Family Fun Day at the Ladysbridge Loop. Details on the Flyer below.
I am not paid for any of this advertising. These are just some suggestions from me. I hope you enjoy your experience wherever you go but I am sorry if the events don’t live up to expectations.